The race for the Westfield W-League top four is heating up with every result crucial heading into Round 10, which starts on Wednesday afternoon in Sydney with a cracker between the Sky Blues and Newcastle Jets.
Every game has ramifications on the finals spots, including Saturday’s blockbuster between champions Melbourne City and Sam Kerr’s Perth Glory.
Check out some of the key facts and figures ahead of Round 10.
- The Jets won their last two Westfield W-League clashes against Sydney FC after not winning any of the previous six against them.
- There’s been 12 goals scored in last three Westfield W-League clashes between Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory.
- There has been an average of four goals per game scored in the five Westfield W-League clashes between Perth Glory and Melbourne City.
- Adelaide United and Canberra United have drawn each of the last three meetings between the two sides in the Westfield W-League.
- The Sky Blues have the best shooting accuracy in the Westfield W-League, with 55 of their 98 shots hitting the target for a 56.1% shooting accuracy.
- Conversely, Sydney’s crossing is the worst in the competition, with only 16.4% of their 128 crosses finding their mark.
- Brisbane Roar have kept five clean sheets from their eight Westfield W-League games in 2017/18.
- Canberra United have scored a league-high 30% of their goals from outside the box.
- City’s Kyah Simon has both created the most chances for teammates (30) and the most assists (three) in the Westfield W-League.
- Roar’s Katrina Gorry has made the most passes in opposition territory this season, at an accuracy of 69.3%.