10 key stats ahead of Westfield W-League Round 3
It’s been a cracking start to the Westfield W-League 2017/18 Season, with another huge weekend of matches to look forward to.
Check out some key facts and figures as we head into Round 3.
- Perth Glory have won three of their last four Westfield W-League clashes against Adelaide United.
- Brisbane Roar have won all of their last five games against Western Sydney Wanderers
- Melbourne City have won all three Westfield W-League clashes against the Newcastle Jets, without conceding a goal.
- Despite not having a win to their name this Westfield W-League season, Adelaide United have the best shooting accuracy at 80%.
- Melbourne City are only team to have made more than 1000 passes (1128) so far this Westfield W-League season and have best passing accuracy 83%.
- City and the Wanderers are the only teams to have scored a goal from outside the box so far this Westfield W-League season, with one apiece.
- Perth Glory are looming as the best finishers to games this Westfield W-League season, with half of their eight goals coming in the last 15 minutes.
- Conversely, Roar have conceded three of their five 5 goals between the 76th and 90th minutes.
- Newcastle Jets’ American import Tori Huster is the only player so far this Westfield W-League season to have had multiple assists (two).
- Melbourne City’s Jess Fishlock has made the most passes in opposition territory this season with 82 at an accuracy of 73.2%.