We’ve hit the halfway point of the Westfield W-League 2017/18 Season, with the competition building up for a thrilling finish with a host of clubs still in contention for the finals.
Round 8 throws up some cracking match-ups, including a top-of-the-table clash between Perth Glory and Newcastle Jets.
Check out some of the key facts and figures ahead of the weekend.
- Sydney FC have won two of their last three games against Canberra United, scoring nine goals in the process.
- Each of the previous nine meetings between Adelaide and Western Sydney has seen the home side on the day remain undefeated (W5, D4).
- Newcastle are undefeated in their last three games against Perth (W1, D2) after having been winless in their seven meetings prior (D1, L6).
- The Wanderers have scored 80% of their goals from set pieces. No other side has scored more than 50% from dead-ball situations.
- Of the nine goals conceded by Glory, more than half (five) have come from outside the box. No other side has conceded more than two from distance.
- City are the only side to have made more than 3000 passes so far this season (3291), more than 700 ahead of the next best Brisbane Roar with 2577.
- Roar playmaker Katrina Gorry has made the most passes in opposition territory so far this season (223), with a passing accuracy of 68.2%.
- Glory midfielder Nicola Bolger leads the way when it comes to assists with three for the campaign, to go with her 13 chances created overall.
- Reds goalkeeper Eliza Campbell has the best save percentage in the Westfield W-League, denying opposition shots 77.8% of the time.