We’re approaching the business end of the Westfield W-League 2017/18 Season, with a real logjam forming at the top of the ladder.
There are some cracking match-ups in Round 9, including a top-of-the-table blockbuster between Perth Glory and Brisbane Roar.
Check out some of the key facts and figures ahead of the weekend.
- Sydney FC have won five of their last six Westfield clashes against Adelaide United.
- Perth Glory is unbeaten in their last four Westfield W-League games against Brisbane Roar.
- Western Sydney Wanderers have a knack of scoring goals from set pieces, with 57.1% of their goals coming from dead-ball situations.
- The Glory are the strongest finishers in the Westfield W-League, scoring 44% of their goals in the last 15 minutes of matches this season.
- Roar have struggled in the last 15 minutes of both halves this season, conceding more than three quarters of their goals in those periods of each half.
- The Sky Blues enjoy the best shooting accuracy in the Westfield W-League, hitting the target 55.6% of the time.
- Glory star Sam Kerr leads the race for the Westfield W-League golden boot and has also had the most shots this season with 33.
- Melbourne Victory are the aerial powerhouses of the Westfield W-League with a competition-high 38% of their goals coming via headers.
- Roar playmaker Katrina Gorry has made the most passes in opposition territory so far this season (262), with a passing accuracy of 68.7%.