City progress to grand final with brilliant second half in Brisbane
Melbourne City FC scored two second-half goals to seal a spot in the Westfield W-League Grand Final after defeating Brisbane Roar FC 2-0 in Sunday's semi final.
On a hot day in front of almost 4000 fans at Perry Park, City were clinical when needed to confirm their place in the Grand Final against Sydney FC.
The team that finished fourth in the league defeating the side that finished first.
City head to Sydney for the season finale.
Re-live the game in the MATCH CENTRE
STORY OF THE GAME
- CATLEY DOWN An injury concern for City's Westfield Matilda, but the defender battles on.
- PENALTY SHOUT Roar's Raso tackled in the box, she's down but the ref waves play on after
- HALF TIME 0-0 A dour and tight contest in hot conditions with little between these two sides.
- SIMON SO CLOSE Kyah powers a fabulous shot onto the Roar bar after 63 mins. The closest either team has come to scoring. A minute later her header is scrambled clear as City turn the screws.
- GOAL TO CITY A deflected goal to Aivi Luik after 65 mins and it's 0-1.
- GORRY GOES CLOSE The Roar playmaker smashes a shot over the bar as the final 20 mins loom.
- GOAL TO CITY Jess Fishlock makes it 0-2 for City after 71 mins.
- ROAR HIT THE BAR! Brilliant cross finds the head of Abbey Lloyd but it hits the bar and bounces away.
- YELLOW CARD Kennedy and Lloyd tangle with elbows thrown. Lloyd with the slice of cheese.
Luik City 0-1, 65'
The ball falls to the Westfield Matilda outside the box and her power shot is deflected by Polkinghorne past Macca Arnold.
Fishlock City 0-2, 72'
Simon feeds Fishlock with a beautiful curling ball over the top and the Welsh star lobs Arnold to make it 2-0.