FIFA has announced Westfield Matildas star striker Sam Kerr has been shortlisted alongside nine other players for The Best FIFA Women's Player 2017 award.
After a stunning year in the US league and for the national team, the 23-year-old now could crown the year with the ultimate accolade.
The final list of nominees will be announced in early September.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
* Lucy Bronze (ENG - Manchester City Women)
* Deyna Castellanos (VEN - Santa Clarita Blue Heat)
* Pernille Harder (DEN - Linkopings / VfL Wolfsburg (Women))
* Sam Kerr (AUS - Perth Glory / Sky Blue FC)
* Carli Lloyd (USA - Houston Dash / Manchester City Women)
* Dzsenifer Marozsan (GER - Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Lieke Martens (NED - FC Barcelona Femeni)
* Vivianne Miedema (NED - Arsenal Women)
* Wendie Renard (FRA - Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Jodie Taylor (ENG - Arsenal Women)
For more, click here
HOW IT WORKS
The winner of this award will be chosen by a process involving the four main stakeholders involved in football: national team coaches, captains, selected media and the fans.
The women’s awards take in the time span of 20 November 2016 to 6 August 2017 inclusive.
Voting starts on Monday 21 August, when you can make your choice on FIFA.com .
Voting closes on 7 September.
The final lists of three nominees for the men’s and women’s player and coach categories – as well as for the FIFA Puskás Award, the FIFA Fan Award and the brand new The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award – will be announced in mid-September.
The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony will be on Monday 23 October, where all winners will be presented with their awards.