Past winners of NAB Young Footballer of the Year in Westfield W-League
Did you know that Ellie Carpenter is not the first Westfield W-League player to win the NAB Young Footballer of the Year Award in back-to-back seasons?
The Westfield Matildas defender capped another stellar campaign by taking out the prize as the competition’s best young player, to retain the award she won last season.
Carpenter joins fellow Australian defender Steph Catley to have won the prestigious award two years in a row after Catley did it with Melbourne Victory in both the 2012/13 and 2013/14 campaigns.
Check out all the previous winners of the award in the Westfield W-League below.
- 2017/18 Season: Ellie Carpenter – Canberra United
- 2016/17 Season: Remy Siemsen – Sydney FC
- 2015/16 Season: Larissa Crummer – Melbourne City
- 2014 Season: Amy Harrison – Sydney FC
- 2013/14 Season: Steph Catley – Melbourne Victory
- 2012/13 Season: Steph Catley – Melbourne Victory
- 2011/12 Season: Ashley Brown – Melbourne Victory
- 2010/11 Season: Kyah Simon – Sydney FC
- 2009 Season: Elise Kellond-Knight (Brisbane Roar) and Ellyse Perry (Canberra United)