We may be on the verge of the eleventh Westfield W-League season but, for fans of women’s football, it will be a season like never before.
There are more ways to watch Australia’s finest female footballers on TV and online, including Thursday night prime time clashes and crunch double headers alongside Hyundai A-League games.
That’s before we even mention themed rounds to enhance the Westfield W-League supporter experience and an all-new increased salary cap as the nine contenders build their rosters to challenge for glory.
FIXTURE NEWS: Blockbuster Sydney Derby to open Westfield W-League season
CELEBRATING WOMEN IN FOOTBALL: What is rebel Female Football Round?
DON'T MISS A GAME: How to watch every Westfield W-League 2018/19 match
KEY CLASHES: Four of the biggest matches of the Westfield W-League 2018/19 season
The big changes to the all-new Westfield W-League 2018/19 are:
Watch EVERY game
- For the FIRST TIME EVER, all 57 Westfield W-League matches are available to watch via broadcast or live stream across FOX Sports, SBS Viceland and the My Football Live app.
- That means EVERY game will be either televised or streamed live on FOX Sports and EVERY game will be available through the My Football Live app.
- Click this link for more details about how to watch through the My Football Live app, which is FREE to all Telstra customers.
Thursday Night Football
- Westfield W-League football is here to light up your screens on a Thursday night!
- Tune in to 13 primetime fixtures on Fox Sports and streamed on the My Football Live app.
rebel Female Football Round
- For the first time, rebel Female Football Round will be celebrated during Round 4 of the Westfield W-League, 22 – 25 November, with a pair of show-stopping double headers.
- On Sunday 25th November, Sydney FC play Melbourne Victory at Jubillee Stadium before the respective men's teams do battle in the Hyundai A-League.
- On that same day, Perth Glory women’s team take on Melbourne City at nib Stadium ahead of the Glory men’s team facing the Central Coast Mariners in the Hyundai A-League.
- rebel Football Round is a celebration of the continued growth in participation of women in football at all levels of the game, running through Female Football Week. Find out more here
rebel Play Football Round
- Both the Westfield W-League & Hyundai A-League will celebrate rebel Play Football Round during Week 2 of the Westfield W-League 2018/19 Finals Series.
rebel Play Football Round will promote football registrations for the upcoming grassroots season from Thursday 7th February to Sunday 10th February.
Summer of Football
- The Summer of Football period will once again be returning from Round 9 through until Round 12
- The Summer of Football period will see a total of 15 matches played over 24 days giving Westfield W-League fans plenty of football to sink their teeth into during the school holidays.
- The Westfield W-League salary cap has been boosted from $300,000 to $350,000.
Huge strides have been made to bring Australia’s finest female footballers to more people in more ways than ever before. Expect 2018/19 to be a Westfield W-League season like no other.