Capping a superb debut season for the club, American Celeste Boureille has taken out the award as Brisbane Roar’s Westfield W-League Player of the Year on Wednesday night.
Boureille took out the top prize at Roar’s awards ceremony, following a brilliant season for the 2017/18 Premiers in the heart of midfield.
Just days after being named Julie Dolan medallist for the second time, inspirational captain Clare Polkinghorne was voted by her teammates as Players' Player of the Year.
Polkinghorne led the Roar to a record-breaking third Premiership.
Strike duo Allira Toby and Abbey Lloyd both left the ceremony with silverware – the former taking out our Women’s Golden Boot award with five goals while exciting young attacker Lloyd was named as Breakthrough Player of the Year.
“Well done to all of tonight’s award winners,” coach Mel Andreatta said.
“It was a wonderful season and I’m proud of the pride, passion and dedication all our Roar Women players and staff have shown.
“It is an honour to be part of such a successful football club and we can’t wait for season 2018/19.”
Brisbane Roar Gala Award Winners
- Gary Wilkins Medal – Jamie Young
- Westfield W-League Player of the Year – Celeste Boureille
- Hyundai A-League Players' Player of the Year – Jamie Young
- Westfield W-League Players' Player of the Year – Clare Polkinghorne
- Hyundai A-League Golden Boot – Massimo Maccarone
- Westfield W-League Golden Boot – Allira Toby
- Hyundai A-League Breakthrough Player – Connor O'Toole
- Westfield W-League Breakthrough Player – Abbey Lloyd
- Club Person of the Year – Melissa Tunstall & Jason Kearton
- Hall of Fame Inductee – Michael Theo
- Lifetime Member – Ian Dalzell