Westfield W-League Semi-Final preview: Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City
Sizzling temperatures are predicted as Premiers Brisbane Roar host reigning Champions Melbourne City in the second Semi-Final at Perry Park on Sunday afternoon.
Both sides enter the finals in superb form with Roar claiming the Premiership last weekend with a thumping win over Canberra, while City eased past Newcastle Jets.
Roar have lost just one of their last 10 matches in the W-League, picking up an impressive eight wins and one draw in that span.
City, on the other hand, have been more inconsistent with five wins, two draws and three losses in the same period.
These two teams met just a fortnight ago in Melbourne with neither side able to find a goal in a tense 0-0 draw at AAMI Park.
Roar won the earlier fixture back in Round 8, with Allira Toby and Katrina Gorry netting the goals at Suncorp Stadium.
FORM (LAST FIVE MATCHES)
Brisbane Roar: WWDWW
Melbourne City: WDLWW
PREVIOUS MEETINGS THIS SEASON
Brisbane Roar 2-0 Melbourne City (Round 8, Suncorp Stadium)
Melbourne City 0-0 Brisbane Roar (Round 12, AAMI Park)
KEY OPTA FACTS
- Kyah Simon has created 42 goal-scoring chances this season for her Melbourne City team mates, nine more than any other player in the league.
- Brisbane have managed to keep six clean sheets and concede just 12 goals this season, leading the way in both categories in the competition.
- Melbourne City have completed 79% of their passes this season, the best rate of any side, with Brisbane ranking second (75%).
- Individually, of players to complete 100 passes this season, the top seven players for passing accuracy all play for Melbourne City with Amy Jackson (84%) top of the pile.
- Brisbane’s Katrina-Lee Gorry has contested more duels (164) than any other player in the league this season, winning exactly half of these.
The Westfield W-League 2018 Final Series is here, this is what you’ve been waiting for. This is Why We Play!
Secure your tickets at www.w-league.com.au/tickets.