A spot in the Westfield W-League Grand Final is on the line when Sydney FC play host to Newcastle Jets in the first Semi-Final at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday afternoon.
Sydney FC come into the knockout rounds in irresistible form after finishing the season nine games undefeated, including eight wins.
Interestingly, the one game which the Sky Blues failed to win in that run was against Newcastle in Round 10, a 2-2 draw at Allianz Stadium.
The Jets warmed up for the finals with a disappointing 3-0 loss at home to defending Champions Melbourne City.
Craig Deans' side lost two of their last three matches to finish the season, though they did thump Canberra United 5-1 in the penultimate round.
FORM (LAST 5 MATCHES)
Sydney FC: WWWDW
Newcastle Jets: LWLDW
PREVIOUS MEETINGS THIS SEASON
Newcastle Jets 2-0 Sydney FC (Round 2, McDonald Jones Stadium)
Sydney FC 2-2 Newcastle Jets (Round 10, Allianz Stadium)
KEY OPTA DATA
- Both these teams have scored 26 goals this season, more than any other outfits in the W-League.
- 54% of Sydney’s shots at goal this season have been on target, the best rate of any team.
- Newcastle have managed to score five goals in the opening 15 minutes of their games this season, two more than any other side.
- Overall the Jets have scored 17 first half goals, the most of any team with Sydney FC ranked second (16).
- Sydney’s Aubrey Bledsoe has the best save percentage of any goalkeeper this season (83%).
The Westfield W-League 2018 Final Series is here, this is what you’ve been waiting for. This is Why We Play!
Secure your tickets at www.w-league.com.au/tickets.